Get the FAQs

Questions? We have answers. You’ll also find detailed information in our school handbook. If you can’t find what you need, just give our office a call; we’re always happy to help.

What are the school hours?

Regular School Day
Start: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:05 p.m.

Early Release Wednesdays
Start: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 1:00 p.m.

Minimum Day Hours
Start: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 1:30 p.m.

We do not supervise the campus prior to 7:30 a.m. or after 3:15 p.m. For the safety of our students, please do not drop off or leave your children during unsupervised hours unless accompanied by faculty or participating in after-school activities including tutoring, programs, or band. We will ask students arriving prior to 7:30 a.m. to wait in the cafeteria.

Back to Top

How do I register a new or transfer student?

Whether you’re new to the area or your child is just beginning kindergarten, we welcome you! Our Registration & Immunizations page has all the information you need to enroll.

Back to Top

What is the age requirement to register in transitional kindergarten (TK) or kindergarten?

  • Transitional kindergarten: Children turning five years old between September 2 and December 2 may enroll in TK. 
  • Kindergarten: Children aged five years or older by September 1 may enroll in kindergarten.
Back to Top

What is transitional kindergarten (TK)?

Transitional kindergarten, sometimes referred to as TK, is a publicly funded program for four-year-olds who turn five between September 2 and December 2. TK is an optional program (meaning, you are not required to enroll your child in this program) developed to help preschoolers prepare for kindergarten. Children who are enrolled in transitional kindergarten can enroll in traditional kindergarten classes the following year. Transitional kindergarten is modeled on a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. Visit the CDE website to learn more about TK.

Back to Top

My child must take medication during the school day. What do I need to do?

Please complete the medication administration consent form and deliver it, together with your child’s medication, to our office. For your convenience, you may fill out this form online—just be sure to save it with your information before printing or exiting the document.

Medication guidelines:

  • Please clearly label all prescription and nonprescription medications with the child’s name and a date.
  • We require all prescription and nonprescription medications to be stored in the original bottle with an unaltered label. Medications requiring refrigeration must be properly stored.
  • We will only administer prescription and nonprescription medications in accordance with the label directions.
  • We require prior written consent from the parent permitting facility personnel to administer medications to the child. Dispensing instructions shall not conflict with the prescription label or product label directions.
Back to Top

What is Aeries, and how do I access it?

The Aeries Parent Portal is another tool we use to communicate with you. Log in to view your child’s grades and absence history. Contact our office if you need log-in information.

Back to Top

Are the campus facilities available for use by the community?

Yes. Our campus is available for free for small community groups, such as scouting troops, and for a nominal fee, our facilities are available for large group rental. Learn more>>>

Back to Top

What is the process to have a child evaluated for special services?

If you suspect your child may have cognitive or other disabilities, knowing where to turn and what steps to take can be a daunting and overwhelming process. Every child deserves an appropriate education, and we are here to help your child partake of or find those services. Visit our Student Services page for more information.

Back to Top